Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I never...

I went to visit Geoff at Lucy's in Idaho Falls and when i walked in one of the girls i used to work with asked me how i liked being a mom and i had to tell her i don't like it...I LOVE it! I never would have thought that having Livia would make me so happy!! Then it got me thinking about the other things that i never did before i had Liv, and there are quite a few that might shock you!

Before I had Livia, I never...

* Laughed so hard at a raised eyebrow
* Thought farting in the tub was funny
* Didn't mind when someone puked all down my shirt
* Laughed when i got poop under my finger nail when changing a diaper (it was late, usually i don't laugh, i just smile!)
* Wanted to put a pair of shoes in my cedar chest
* Been able to change a diaper in about 5 seconds flat
* Woke up every hour at night to listen to a baby monitor
* Now, this is a big one people...Before i had Livia I never let Geoff pick out any outfits! (not even his own! j/k ;)
* I would say that I have never cried when thinking about getting shots, but that's just not true. I think i cried when i had to go get shots in the 7th grade.

Anyway, I'm sure as the days and years go on, i will find so many more things that i never would have been blessed to experience without my baby... and i sure as heck can't wait to find out what they are!

1 comment:

lauren said...

Oh my goodness, I just peed a little reading this. Farting in the tub?? and poop under the fingernails?? hahahahahaha...that is SO true! Londyn has started coming up to me lately and telling me when she "toots." Lovely. And it's all I can do to not just giggle.

Kids...they're so fun.