Saturday, September 10, 2011

well, i was right!

Livia got her shots and we both cried like babies. The only difference was that i was the only one getting funny looks! ;) Geoff did end up coming with me and thank heavens for that! At the beginning of the appointment Livia was super happy, she laughed the whole time he was measuring her because his tape made a clicky noise ever time he pulled it out. But, when they came in to give her shots and asked us to hold down her arms i quickly retreated to the corner and left Geoff to do the dirty work. As soon as they stabbed her with the needle she got the saddest look on her face that i've ever seen and then she started screaming. Once she started crying i couldn't stop myself...it was awefully traumatizing! Geoff was teasing me about it on our way home so i had to explain to him that we both just have different strengths as parents. I'm good at nursing, he's not. He's good at holding her down while they torture her, i'm not!

I'm really not sure what he was expecting though, because i told him that when i had to get shots when i was in 8th grade, i cried my eyes out! Oh well though thankfully it's all over and we don't have to get more for another 2 months. But you can bet Geoff will be at that appointment...like he'd ever send me by myself! :)

1 comment:

lauren said...

blasted shots.

Shar gets hers next week and I hate getting them the older they get cuz then they KNOW it's coming and it makes me look even more terrible.

I hope my kids don't stay like this throughout 8th grade. :) hahaha